Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Sabbath

Sunday.
Pastor taught about loving God. Why do we love God? Because He first loved us, as demonstrated on the Cross of Christ. This should be the basis of our response to Him, not some petty life circumstances. How do we love God? Through obedience to His Word. (c.f. John 14)

Following that, we learnt about The Honourable Ambition during BB Cell. I guess the key take-away from the lesson is this: It is not wrong to be ambitious, but what's my motivation? If it's for me-self, then that's not right.

Then I went home to bathe and grabbed my books. Mr Chin and I headed for Jurong West Library to study. I managed to complete my preparations for LDC1 module - BB knowledge, and I thought about how Jesus and Buddha were anti-establishment figures during their times. :D

DINNER TIME~ Mr Chin and I headed for Jurong Point in search for food. Along the way, we popped by TS, the DVD/VCD shop, and I picked up something....

To those of you who watch Grey's Anatomy, and presumably buy the DVD, you'd know that this is the original price. I've been eyeing it since my birthday... Guess how much I got it for?

YEAH~ Only $35.90 because there was a storewide discount of 10% too! Just take a moment to enjoy this picture. Look who's face is on it? Addison Montgomery - my favourite character. =)


After that, Mr Chin and I went to Crystal Jade for dinner. We shared a promotion dinner set for 2, which he thought was horrible. What to do? One cannot have the best of both worlds, if you have excellent company, the food becomes less appetising.

I enjoyed the dinner though... This is the picture of the jellyfish, long beans and the soup. The soup was my favourite. They added milk into the Chinese style soup, giving it a pinch of the Western flavour. The long beans were tasty too, but slightly oily. The jellyfish was the worst, it was like eating strips of rubber soaked in oil - bland and unhealthy.

The pork ribs were done in a 'fried chicken wings' style, which I thought was really YUM too. xP

Finally, the vegetarian buns which reminded me of monasteries...

Alright. That's all for today, time to start studying...

No comments: