This week was one of many meetings. It began on 1 December 2008, Monday, with Arthur. We hung out at Borders, Far East and finally the Korean restaurant near his place. See my previous post for details and pictures.
On Tuesday, after my less than pleasant eye check-up at NUS, I met my squad Boys in church for our games day meeting. It was good fun when we put our heads together to organise an event for the Secondary One recruits next year. Catch us in action next year on 24 January 2009! :D
My Daddy was/is furious with me on Wednesday because I was supposed to accompany my parents for the JSL outing. Actually, I gave him my word without noting it down on my handphone's calendar and had forgotten all about it. I had arranged to meet Matthew and Ming Hoe to celebrate Ming Hoe's 21st Birthday and the organizer couldn't back out last minute right? Anyway, Matthew and friends met at City Hall at 12pm. We caught the movie Body of Lies while waiting for the Sakae Sushi buffet to start. I expected more from the ending, but the movie was good overall. It was interesting to see how the CIA, Jordanians and the terrorists played out their roles for their own political aspirations.
It was a good time having lunch/dinner with Matthew and Ming Hoe. We talked about our plans for the holidays and discussed about what modules Ming Hoe and I want to do together next semester. Matthew will be going to UK in January next year to pursue his masters in psychology. During the payment for our lunch, Matthew pointed out to the Sakae staff that he isn't a student anymore and he was charged the adult rate. D made a mental note that, once again, Matthew proved to be his big brother in Christ, a better embodiment of the Christian values D learnt in Sunday School. Will D ever be more like Matthew? More like the Christ that Matthew emulates?
Wei Chong and I finally caught up on Thursday. He came back from Australia about a week ago, and has been there for 9 months already. Wei Chong did really well in school - scoring all 7s and one 6! Just in case you think that 10 is the top score, it's 7. His application for a switch of faculty to Dentistry has been approved and he will start his 5 years course in 2009. YAY! Free dental check-ups for me in the future. xD Also, I find it disturbing that my college mates sort of know what they want to do for the rest of their lives? Wei Chong aspires to run a dental clinic in town, Sebastian wants to be a vet... And here I am - with a wonderful lack of direction? Sigh!
Friday - 5 December 2008 - Mr Chin and I went for the buffet lunch at Copthorne Orchid. The buffet spread was rather normal and there was a dearth of seafood dishes. It was definitely not worth $30++ and the location made the hotel inaccessible without a car. If it wasn't for Mr Chin's vouchers for free lunch, we wouldn't have taken our lunch there. Oh, here we are now, at the Jurong West library, enjoying the air-con and internet access. :D
Oh. Looking ahead, next week's really pack for me. I am attending a BB planning retreat tomorrow, going to KL with Angeline on 7-10 December 2008, attending the kayaking one star course with Ming Hoe on 11-12 December 2008, and I will be attending the BB leadership development course on 13-14 December 2008. Pray I won't fall ill.
No comments:
Post a Comment