After a surprise visit from 5th Uncle early in the morning on CNY Day 1, the family washed up and changed into our new year outfits. These are some pictures we took at home before going for visitations.
Please click to enlarge the photographs. Pay special attention to the white pussy willows in the vase. It took much painstaking effort and time from Daddy & I to deshell them.
The couple who gave me my wonderful set of genes.
At Ah Ma House, we met 3rd Aunt. Coincidentally, Mom & 3rd Aunt were wearing the same colours. They decided to take a photograph.
These are my Daddy & Grandpa.
My family with our Grannies.
1st Aunt's family and Grannies.
3rd Aunt's family and Grannies.
6th, 8th Uncles, Darren & Yours Truly.
After visiting Ah Ma House, I drove my family to Tanan Merah to visit my maternal grannies, Ah Poh House. Gerald, Glenda and Han Rui setup their musical equipment to put up a performance for us because the TV programmes weren't good... Haha.
After lunch at Ah Poh House, we visited my 3rd Grandaunt's place. She's my Ah Ma's youngest sister.
Those are my 1st, 3rd, 4th Aunts chatting away.
From left, 1st Uncle, Daddy, 3rd Grandaunt and her daughter. 3rd Grandaunt has been partially blind for years, but she remembers me still. When I greeted her, she touched my arms and exclaimed, "Ah Peng! You're getting quite big size ah?" in hokkien of course. I nearly fainted! If someone half-blind could tell I'm f**, something must be REALLY wrong......
This is 4th Aunt and one of her five sons, Martin.
Martin and Marvin are twins. Marion and Marvik are twins. Marcus is their big brother.
That's Spidey-Martin. :D
The entire gang uprooted ourselves from 3rd Grandaunt's and proceeded to 2nd Grandaunt's.
That's Ah Pek & Ah Mm.
My cousins, Yuen Teng, Yuen Yik (who just entered JJC), and my brother.
Sitting at the corner is my 2nd Grandaunt. She looks happy, doesn't she? She's way kinder with her words too. xP
Our cam-whore habits infected the adults too.
Glenda & I... wait a minute... who's that?!
Yours truly drinking lemon tea.
That's my cousin, Glenda Ong.
On the 2nd day of Lunar New Year, we visited our Great Grandmother.
Her signature dish - prawn crackers!
From left, the gorgeous, Yuen Png & Marvin.
That's my Great Grandmother. Despite her age, she's relatively healthy. She has only difficulties in hearing. Also, I didn't know old folks were obsessed with their age too. She actually insisted that she's 20 years younger than her actual age! Haha. I would be 2 years old only if she had her way.
Finally, the last destination for visitation was 5th Uncle's home.
Marion & 5th Uncle looks alike huh?
5th Uncle and his wife, Lina Aunty, shunpo-ing to give out hong baos.
Thank you very much for the hong bao!~ Thank God for the occasion to spend time with our families, for the fesitivites and good food. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment