Thursday, February 12, 2009
தைப்பூசம்
Thaipusam is a Hindu festival celebrated on the full moon of the Hindu month of Thai. It coincides with Yuan Xiao festival this year. The procession starts at the Sri Srinivasa Permal Temple in Serangoon Road, and winds through Orchard Road and Penang Road before ending at the Sri Thandayuthapani Temple at Tank Road, off Clemenceau Avenue. 7 Uncle & Aunt and I joined other curious onlookers, photography enthusiasts and tourists at River Valley Road on 9 February 2009.
Kavadi Attam is a dance performed by the pious during the ceremonial worship of Murugan.
Notice that the notion of pain is often a form of penance in world religions.
Have you a friend like this? I was floored by this act when I first saw it 2 years ago. The individual went on all fours to support his friend and kavadi.
Hinduism has gone high technology too. Notice the visual projection of the interior of the temple.
No. My camera was working fine. The kavadi was turning really quickly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment