Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Missing Piece

The Missing Piece is a children’s picture book by poet Shel Silverstein. Dr Tsai Fen-Fang shared this book during our Social Psyhology lecture on relationships. It demonstrates the costs of going into a relationship.

It reminded me of my Sec1/2 classmate, WQ, who complained about her friends getting into relationships. She felt that her girlfriends were spending too much time with their significant others and neglecting their friendship.

It also reminded me of a line by one of my BB officers. L once said, "Having a relationship is like flying a kite." If one holds on too tightly, the line snaps. If one's grip is too loose, the kite flies away.

Honestly, I don't buy the idea that we're incomplete until we meet our significant other. Take the video with a pinch of salt. Although I'm sure some of my BB Boys would love the 'emo' value in it. It's a teenager thing. LOL! ><



There is a second video called "The Missing Piece Meets Big O". I shall save that for next week. =)

No comments: