Saturday, May 9, 2009

End of Semester 2

My examinations are over! I'm shifted back from Prince George's Park with Dad's help in the evening. Oh yes, I realised that I haven't been blogging about the nitty-gritty stuff in my life. So, here's a quick review of Semester 2, Academic Year 08/09.

PL3232 - Biological Psychology
I don't think I've learnt much depth from this module. Most 'biological stuff' like genetics, stress, and learning were taught at deeper levels in the A Levels syllabus. Thankfully, I did fairly well for my "How the Brain Works?" essay. I remember feeling stressed to the point of breaking down in tears because the question was too general and I was clueless about how should I approach it. I thank God for Matthew who SMS-ed me some ideas to guide along. :D

PL3235 - Social Psychology
If you asked me what's best about this module? I would say the company. Rong Sheng and Lip Tat are great friends to hang around with. I hated the fact that we were made to memorise names of social psychologists and their almost similar theories. Also, my grades were only mediocre for the mid-term test because I neglected Dr Tsai's lecture notes, and our project group came in late on our all-important project presentation day. SIGH~

XD2101 - Approaches to the Study of Religion
Dr J, my favourite lecturer, what else can I say? The theories of Sigmund Freud and Karl Marx amused me the most. It is curious how deviant 'intellectuals' can be from the truth. I thank God for Arthur who debated the issue with me and helped me shape my thoughts.

SE1101e - Southeast Asia: A Changing Region
Another module by Dr J, and co-taught my Dr Chie. The topics covered were diverse, and I thought we could go more in depth. However, in terms of grades, this proved to be my best module so far. It made me think of switching my major to Southeast Asian Studies for a moment, until I realized that SE majors had to learn a foreign tongue. Nah~

SSA2209 - Politics and Government in Singapore
One of the more interesting modules I've taken so far. I grasped the concepts of Singaporean acronyms like GRC, NCMP, and NMP in this module. I thank God for the chance to learn more about state mechanisms in the country that I love.

Prince George's Park
Further, I thank God for the opportunity to stay in Prince George's Park. It has been quite an experience living away from my parents. I love the freedom of living alone. I love the convenience of being 15 minutes away from my lecture hall. I love having an air-con study room just 3 flights of stairs below my room. But, I hate the humidity and the serious lack of air circulation in the room. But it's a pleasant experience overall. Thank God for Toong Shien my friendly neighbour. :D

No comments: