Thursday, January 21, 2010

Cupig

As a student of religion, and as one who grew up in a time of religious peace and racial harmony in Singapore, I was thrilled to get my hands on this little toy this morning. Everyone likes a toy with a tale behind it, don't we?


1. In my opinion, this toy is an epitome of religious tolerance and sensitivity in Singapore. Even to the point of ridicule, for some of us. This makes it an excellent tool for a total defence badge class. I loved McDonald's "We don't sell pig food, or pig toys."

2. Some 57 year ago, my father was born on Chinese New Year Day X Valentine's Day too. That's why his name is Nian, which means year in Mandarin.

But my parents were very much less thrilled when I told them it costs SGD2. In their opinion, it was all part of the evil McPlan to intentionally leave out the pig for free publicity on the ST forum so that idiots like me would purchase the collectibles. Hahaha.

No comments: