Sunday, January 24, 2010

Giving

The best gift I ever got was for Christmas when I was ten.
My very first suture kit.
I used it until my fingers bled,
and then I used it to stitch up my fingers.

Everyday, we get to give the gift of life.
It can be painful, it can be terrifying.
But in the end, it's worth it.
Every time, we all have the opportunity to give.
Maybe the gifts are not as dramatic as what happens in the operating room,
Maybe the gift is to try an make a simple apology,
Maybe its to understand another person's point of view,
Maybe its to hold a secret for a friend.

The joy, supposedly, is in the giving.
So when the joy is gone,
When the giving starts to feel more like a burden,
That's where you stall.
But if you're like most people I know,
You give till it hurts,
And then you give some more.
Said the Meredith Voice Over (MVO),
in Grey's Anatomy Season 6 Episode 10.

No comments: