Friday, June 25, 2010

Youth Leadership Conference 2010

I attended the Youth Leadership Conference with my Secondary Three Boys last week. It was held in NUS and the Boys stayed in KRH and EH over the weekend. They were tasked to do projects to raise the awareness of the NGOs assigned to them. Some NGOs include the World Toilet Organization, which was a hot favourite among my Boys, the Singapore Anti-Tuberculosis Association, and Habitat for Humanity. I hope the glimpse of university life my Boys had would inspire them to come to NUS too.



While my Boys worked on their projects, I spent my time providing logistics support with the BBHQ officers. I met Jerome on the first day of the conference too. It was embarrassing because I forgot his name, but he thoughtfully remembered mine. We met at the LDC2 camp last year. Apart from Jerome, I'm glad to have spent time with Alex, Ken, Cheng Hoong, and Saul.

When the logistics work was done, I spent my time reading Terry Goodkind's Blood of the Fold. I don't know if it is a compliment for the book. But I cannot remember the climax of the book, or any twist in the storyline that swept me off my feet. Perhaps, it's because the book was engaging and exciting from the first page.


I'm currently reading Terry Goodkind's fourth book, Temple of the Winds, and I'm not bored with the books yet. They're that good. Anyway, when my pretty boss came into office in her white dress today, I nearly fell on my knees, mistaking her as the Mother Confessor... Hahaha. I love my boss.

No comments: