Friday, July 30, 2010

Of Balloon Sculptures

I went to office on Wednesday for a short rehearsal of my presentation this afternoon. Along the way home, I wanted to pop by The Concourse to purchase some balloons for sculpturing. They were going to be used tomorrow for the BB crafts badge work. Thankfully for me, I asked Eng Hao for directions since he lived near office, and he pointed out to me that the party shops at The Concourse have long shifted to Queens Street/Middle Road. Thank you, Eng Hao!

Upon arrival at Queens Street/Middle Road, I checked out all three party shops and bought the cheapest sculpturing balloons from one of them. To my horror, they were too stiff and burst too easily when I tried them out at home yesterday. I was frustrated and angry because I had potentially wasted $30 on useless balloons, and had to make another trip down town.

On my way to Queens Street/Middle Road again this evening, I rehearsed threatening lines to mete out to the shop owner if he refused to refund me. It would go something like "These balloons are for the Boys' Brigade... If you refuse to do something about it, I'll make your lousy services known to the rest of the Brigade and you can forget about seeing anyone of us in the future..." (On second thought, I don't think I can make good my threat anyway...)

Fortunately, I didn't have to pull a long face or use my rehearsed lines. The owner was very nice and he exchanged all my opened packets of balloons for new ones. He pointed out to me that I should have taken Fashion Solid Colour balloons instead of Metallic ones because the latter is less flexible.

Here are some balloon sculptures that I've made.


No comments: