Saturday, August 28, 2010

Innsbruck

Dear bloggy,

I'm lying on my bed in Hostel A Plus, Prague, Czech Republic. We have just arrived about an hour ago by train from Salzburg. My previous entry ended on the train ride to Innsbruck, and I shall take off from there now.

Upon arrival at Innsbruck Hbf, we deposited our heavy bags in the lockers and headed to a cafe for lunch. It was our first proper meal in days. We had been eating instant pasta and sandwiches from coop in Switzerland to save some money. I had fish and chips, while the girls took schnitzelburgers, which are pork burgers actually. Following that, we headed to an Indian supermarket to get ourselves some drinks before boarding the bus for Wattens.

We travelled to Wattens to visit Swarovski Kristallwelten, which means Crystal World. It is actually a indoor crystal-themed park. We saw crystals everywhere, from the biggest crystal to the smallest in the world. There was a pretty crystal Christmas tree designed by McQueen, venus flytraps with crystals embedded within, a movie screen made up of crystals, a crystal couch and many other crystalware. The final station in the theme park was a paradise for women. There were rows and rows of Swarovski crystal jewelery on sale. Qien got 8 items for herself, while Kristen got 6. I bought a pair of earrings for my mom.

Carrying our loot, we took a bus back to Innsbruck and toured around its old-town area. We ate 1euro ice-creams, took pictures of the golden roof monument and the pretty rococo building beside it before heading to an Arabian cafe for a kebab sandwich dinner. Following that, we took more trains to Salzburg and arrived there in the evening.

Alright. I'm sleeping now. Will continue to post about my adventures in Europe when I have the time. Till then, see you on facebook.

Signing off,
Dennis
27/08/10
12.30am (+1 GMT and +1 DST, Utrecht time)
6.30pm (+8 GMT, Singapore time)

No comments: