Thursday, November 11, 2010

My First Dutch Examination

Sat for my first examination for the biopsychology of emotions from 7.30pm to 10pm last evening. The paper was to last until 10pm, but quite a few people started to leave at about 8pm. As with all other aspects of university life in the Netherlands, UU examinations are pretty relaxed as compared to the ones I get back at home. To quote an example, my lecturer gave us hints not just on which article to study, but specifically which sections of the article to read. I left the examination hall at 9.30pm after throwing a smoke grenade on the Monk question because it was too vague and difficult. Looks like I may not have to use my smoke grenade after all.

Dear students,
Its seems that I was unclear in lecture 7 when pointing out the important parts of the literature and might therefore been wrong in asking question 1 (Dagleisch) and part b of question 6 (Monk)
Can the students who attended Lecture 7 please tell me how my message on the Dagleish and Monk article was understood. I would like to have as much information as possible because if I was unclear/or wrong in these questions, they will be removed from the exam.
Thanks you and I am sorry for this misunderstanding
****


ARGH! I can't stand it. It is so unlike professors to apologize for giving misleading hints. The ones in NUS do that all the time! *Think Paediatric Psychology......*

UPDATE:
EXAM QUESTIONS 1 AND 6 WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE EXAM BECAUSE I HAVE MISINFORMED YOU ABOUT THE FOCUS OF THE ARTICLES OF DAGLISCH AND MONK. IF STUDENTS HOWEVER WANT ME TO INCLUDE 1 AND 6, BECAUSE THEY THINK THEY ANSWERED CORRECTLY PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP. REMEMBER, ONLY IF YOU WANT ME TO INCLUDE QUESTIONS 1 AND 6 LET ME KNOW, FOR THE OTHERS THEY WILL BE EXCLUDED AND THE 25 POINTS WILL COME FROM THE REST OF THE QUESTIONS
I AM AGAIN VERY SORRY, AND WILL TAKE
THE ISSUE ALSO EXTRA INTO ACCOUNT IN MY GRADING
****

No comments: