Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Travels

7th Uncle's family and my parents came to visit me last Thursday, 18 November 2010. They stayed in Utrecht on 19 November 2010 while I went for my social neuroscience examination. On 20 November 2010, we took a bus to Brussels. Everything was bad in Brussels. From the weather to the train delays to the theft incident. However, we were fortunate amidst the misfortune. My identification documents weren't stolen. Mussels in Brussels were good though.

The cathedral in Cologne was stunning. Seat of a cardinal indeed. Aunty Bee Poh bought a rosary from the cathedral store. A pretty one, I must add. On 21 November 2010, we took off to Bonn where we saw Beethoven's house. Cycling in Bonn was pleasant, but the fact that age has caught up with my parents can no longer be hidden.

23 November 2010. The journey back to the Netherlands was thankfully uneventful. Perhaps it was the loss of my bag. Or perhaps I have grown attached to Holland. I felt a deep sense of relief as I looked out the train window and saw windmills. "I'm home. Everything is going to be fine now."

We went to Madurodam and the beach in the Hague before I left my family to return to Utrecht. Lessons on Thursday were good. I enjoy studying religion. Too bad religious studies is not offered as a major at home. In the evening, I watched the latest Harry Potter movie with Henry, Nyala, YuHan, Mariana, Cherry, Mandy, Tim, and Chris. I was moved to tears by Molly Weasley's love, and Dobby's death. Can't wait for the battle of Hogwarts in the next part.

25 November 2010. Met my family in Amsterdam at about noon. We walked around the city before going for the red light district tour. It was an eye opening experience indeed. On the next day, we visited a windmill, a cheese farm, a clog factory and a fishing village before heading for Schiphol airport.

Unfortunately, I have no photographs for this trip because of the loss of my camera. Sighs.

No comments: