Oh! What would I give to return to Utrecht to be at the dinner table with my flatmates. Just for a moment.
You know, the saddest part of it all? Things will never be the same in Utrecht again. Even if I make all the money in the world and return to the Netherlands, my friends won't be there anymore. Even if we are all there in the future, the dynamics in the group wouldn't be the same too. We have come from different parts of the world, and by divine providence or sheer chance as some might prefer to say, we were put together at 56 Warande Zeist 3705ZD.
Oh well Dennis, that's the beautiful thing about life. We get to change. Leave a huge chunk of yourself in the Netherlands and move on.
Change? Yes to change. But not this morning. Not tonight. Tonight, I was in Zeist for dinner. I was there. Thank you Audrey~

No comments:
Post a Comment