Wednesday, March 16, 2011

On Religious Studies


Praise God. I've just received the grade for my religion and film essay assignment. In times like these, I ask myself, 'Should I stay in the field of psychology?' I clearly have an interest in religious studies, and have some ability to do well too. But the field of religious studies doesn't seem to be an economically viable option for a career.

I have seen the syllabus for seminarians, and I think the topics covered are very interesting and worth taking a few years off my life to examine in detail. The masters programme in religious studies interests me very much too. But I'm also pretty certain that I do not want to be a priest or a pastor, and that no church would sponsor someone into the seminary for free.

Alas, as much as I like studying religion, it'll probably remain a CCA for me.

No comments: