Wednesday, June 15, 2011

On Talking & Listening

Oh, how blessed am I to have friends to talk and listen to. I appreciate it when my friends make themselves vulnerable and share their struggles, fears, disappointments, and of course, joys, with me. Wish I could reciprocate at times, but I have reservations at times for fear that they might find me disappointing. But, perhaps, some remorse on my part might make me more human? More personal I guess? They're friends after all, and they should have full access to who I am. I don't know......

Anyway, I had a wonderful day. Went for a swim at JE swimming complex this afternoon and the weather was really good. Managed to do 18 laps today without feeling too tired. Some how, I feel very much at peace in the water. There weren't any mp3 players plucked into my ears, no internet or telephony connection to draw my attention to, no television programme to watch... Boring? Yeah at times. But at other times, a much needed silence.

Met Calvin and Marcus for lunch at Manhattan Fish Market. Again?! Oh yes, some how, Calvin and I always end up at this restaurant. It was a nice time lunching, shopping and gong cha-ing with them. Enjoyed the honest and open chat Marcus and I had afterward too.

Went down to Holland Village at about 6.30pm for dinner at Sushi Tei with Xiaoying and Jerome. I haven't met Xiaoying for almost a year I guess. The last time we met up was probably before I left for the Netherlands. As for Jerome, I don't remember meeting up with him since Secondary School? Glad to have caught up with them. They were more or less the living examples of the two unpleasant end results of relationships. One of them will be getting married soon, while the other will be breaking up with his/her significant other. Oh well, in any case, it was a nice time talking with them about relationships. We tried to remember all 41 classmates we had in class, and I'm proud to say that we came up with 40 names. We also agreed to invite Shi Rong the next time we come together. Oh yah, Jerome was happy to welcome me into the Catholic Church. He said that he had suspected it when we bumped into each other on bus 52.

Ahhh. Hope I'll learn to talk and listen more. To talk without fears of judgement, and to listen without judging.

No comments: