Sunday, December 4, 2011

No Lord, More Time!

Some five years ago, Jj and I were heading home from camp in the yellow Honda Jazz I was driving then when I slammed the breaks on the road which led SLE into BKE. We gasped and were relieved when the Jazz screeched to a stop inches away from the car ahead of us.

This evening, while I was sending J home on that very same connection between SLE and BKE, the black car with a matte finish, which was seconds ahead of us, floored its breaks suddenly, drifted and spun a 180 degrees to face us. What happened next was one reflex after another. I swerved to the left, switched lanes, and got out of harm's way. I didn't feel anything while doing all that. There was no stress involved. A few seconds later, however, the gravity of what just happened set in and I felt a flood of emotions. Crossing myself, I thanked God for seeing us through the incident unscathed.

J, on the other hand, felt nothing. "Stop being a girl!" was his response. He attributed his calm nerves to his accumulated good karma, while I suspected a tinge of trust in the steady pair of hands on the wheel.

I'm still shaking slightly from the adrenaline rush as I type this. I can only say, "No Lord, more time!" There is so much more I want to do, so much more I hope to be.......

No comments: