I have much to be grateful for.
An idle life. Its been two months since the completion of my examinations. Going to bed in the wee hours, waking up only past noon, enjoying the campus facilities with Wilson, watching drama series, and shopping with Minghoeking have become the norm. This is all a much welcomed rest.
June. My birthday month left me feeling very loved. From the text messages, Facebook wall posts and private messages wishing me well, to the gifts and meals to fatten my pockets and I, and above all, to the sharing of their time and company, my family and friends have made me feel, quite frankly, very loved and very flattered.
Sated wanderlust. Bali was revisited over last weekend and I will be away in Cebu and Bohol next week. Happy to be able to see the world with my loved ones.
Commencement. This is much less for me than it is for my folks. It will be a day for my parents to celebrate the fact that they have been great together and that they did wonderful by completing the difficult task of raising a son and seeing him through tertiary education.
A dream job. I have only given serious thought and consideration to three occupations. I had hoped to see the world by becoming a member of the Singapore Airlines cabin crew. Becoming a teacher with the MOE has also always been one of my long term career goals. I'm glad to be given the opportunity to be, in a sense, my former GP tutor, Arthur.
Family. My commencement and acceptance of the teaching job offer have made Daddy and Mummy very happy. I will need to get married and have a dozen kids to make them this happy again. I don't think I will make them this happy again.
You. I am very thankful for you who never fail to make me happy and feel so loved. I am grateful for and to you. So say we all.
I have much to be grateful for.

No comments:
Post a Comment