Saturday, December 20, 2008

3days with A

Arthur and I caught up with each other over the past three days. He was at his church's Kids Camp and Youth Camp over the last week, while I was away in KL and East Coast.

On Wednesday, we shared a plate of garlic bread, creamy chicken penne pasta, vongole with tomato herb sauce and a cup of ice lemon tea at Pastamania @ Plaza Singapura. Armed with our full tummies, we combed Plaza Singapura and Centre Point. After a 30%+15% Christmas discount, he managed to grab Fox's black checkered shirt with short sleeves only at SGD35!! I am really 'happy for him' because I have been eyeing the SGD60 shirt for quite a while already... The idea of shopping at JB was conceived at the Esprit outlet and we decided that we should do it soon; before I leave for Macau.

Here's a picture the Christmas decorations in Plaza Singapura. "Angels we have heard on high..."

We arranged to meet at Kranji MRT bus stop at 10am on Thursday morning. Arthur was slightly late, but that gave me some time with God and Piper though. We took bus 170 to Johor Bahru.

Here are pictures of the recently opened Sultan Iskandar Complex at Johor Bahru.

It was clean, beautiful and the air-conditioning was fantastic. Both thumbs-up in comparison to the previous custom office.

However, we had to do quite a bit of walking though. We thought that it wasn't suitable especially for the older folks when we saw an elderly lady limbing from on end of the complex to another.

At City Squad shopping mall, we had lunch at our usual Hong Kong styled restaurant. We were there early because Arthur was really hungry and we shared a thick toast before the main courses.

Here's a picture of the miserable noodles that I ordered! It looked way better in the picture on the menu. The few pieces of chicken beside it were soggy too and I don't think they were meant to be like that.

This was the fried rice which he ordered. The fried rice was normal, but decent enough. The pork and coleslaw were good. He won again.

Our teas and our almost-finished fruits. I wasn't really accustomed to using my new camera to take pictures of our food yet.

My cream soup was a YUM!

Arthur, as usual, chose the healthier option. Oh, and did I mention that the meal costs RM10 only?

Guess what am I pointing to?

Arthur tried hard to make his eyes 'talk'.

He bought me a tee from Graniph for Christmas. The ribbon was from his home. Thank you Arthur!

Dinosaur prints, according to him, could come in handy for evangelical uses. One could offer the Christian perspective of how did species become extinct.

Arthur and I grabbed quite a few good buys at City Square. He bought for himself a checkered black jeans which looked lovely on him and some tees for his youth group. Here are some of my buys.



That's us, doing our shunpo back to Singapore.

No comments: