Thursday, June 4, 2009

Flyer

"你跟谁去浪漫?" was Mindy's response when I told her about the $10 deal going on for students at the Singapore Flyer. "Primers?" was my reply. "Hahahaha! 好浪漫喔!"

Yi Feng, Ming Huan and I met earlier at about lunchtime and we headed to Marina for the movie - Monsters vs Aliens. Bad would be an understatement for this movie. I expected more than lame jokes from the producers of Kung Fu Panda. The blue blob monster was really cute though!

Ming Huan was clearly disturbed by the movie too. The cup of tea we had at the food court cheered us up slightly.

Joining us after school, Jun Rong and Joshua met us at Marina before we walked over to the Singapore Flyer together.




After walking around for a while, we decided to have dinner at Popeye's Chicken and Biscuits. I hated the biscuit! It was too dry.


Timing our paces with precision and planning, we entered the Flyer at about 6:45pm and had the entire capsule to ourselves! Yay!


Here is how the other capsule looks when we were at the highest point. The cityscape of Singapore was breath-taking, albeit the construction going on at the integrated resort. I guess we're already familiar with the cranes that dominate the skyline; they're our national birds afterall.


The entire ride took us 30 minutes. Joshua and Ming Huan got bored mid-air...

Ming Huan wanted to take a picture of his 'enlightenment' under the cool blue light.

Joshua clearly wasn't enlightened yet...

Jun Rong trying too hard to levitate...

And Yi Feng the emo kid...

This is a picture of miniature marina integrated resort. It was proudly announced that it can only be seen on the Flyer. So "WOW"... (Sarcasm included. Haha!)

Finally, Squad Primers left the Flyer for shopping at Suntec City after the ride. Yay to the $10 deal! :D

No comments: