Fried bee hoon, chicken curry, yam and ngo hiang made up my dinner last night at about 9.30pm. During my attempt to revise my work at about 10.30pm, I started feeling bloated and unwell, but I dismissed it as my lazy body reacting to me trying to mug.
At about 11pm, my nose became blocked and I started wheezing quite badly. I took a chlorphenamine tablet in hope that it would help. At 11.30pm, Daddy sent me to NUH's emergency ward. Things took a turn for the worse during our journey to the hospital. My eyes and the side of my lips started to swell, my ears started to blush permanently, and I could only breathe when I leaned forward. My nose was completely blocked and I was panting like a dog...
At the A&E, an intravenous plug was set. Steriods and adrenaline were injected while ventolin was given to me to help my breathing. The familiar feeling of saline tingling into my veins reminded me of the days in SBMC. The doctor was ready to intubate me...
At about 1am, the worst was over. However, the doctor insisted on having me stay over at the hospital for observation and I was wheeled to the Extended Diagnosis Treatment Unit. Daddy was told to go home at about 3am and my first hospitalization experience began.
No comments:
Post a Comment