These are the dead sea scroll fragments that were on display. They are of much significance because they are the oldest copies of the Bible we have on earth now. They date between 150AD to 70CE. These are scroll fragments recording Leviticus 10:47, Deuteronomy 27:4b-6 and Daniel 5:13-16.
One could also learn about the origins of writing at the exhibition. These are cuneiform tablets on which ancient pictographs were inscribed.
This is a scroll which Jews used in their synagogue readings.
One could also learn more about church history at the exhibition. Martin Luther and the Reformation eh?
Here's Ming Hoe taking a picture with the Luther exhibit.
Ming Hoe trying hard to read the BIG Bible.
These are more Bibles from long ago.
Would I encourage my friends to go? I think not. Firstly, apart from being able to see, first-hand, God's preservation of His Word over the years, the other parts of the exhibits were mostly historical information that can be found on the internet or in books. Secondly, I felt that the entrance fee was overpriced at SGD18. Thirdly, the crowd in the Arts House is kinda crazy for a lazy Friday afternoon.
Ironically, moving around the crowd in the exhibition areas reminded me of Christians flocking to see relics during Luther's time. I was reminded that it is no meritous act to behold the four fragments of the dead sea scrolls. I thought the exhibition is comparable to the Pope visiting the Philippines too. Haha...
Anyway, we concluded our outing with a dinner at IMM Fish & Co. Thank God for preserving His Word over the years and for the enjoyable time with Ming Hoe. :D
Inserted at 11pm: Ming Hoe is insisting that I include about the part of our outing where he bought this LARGE (read: ginormous; huge; big; for fatties) sized gorgeous looking adidas tee at a 30% SALE (read: cheapskate; miser; niggard) from IMM.
No comments:
Post a Comment