Sunday, October 24, 2010

Letters to God


Just watched Letters to God. Didn't really like the movie actually, in spite of many positive reviews from my friends who have watched it. It was a tad too preachy and the Boy was portrayed in a manner too saintly for me.

My favourite scene, however, was the conversation between the grandma and mother. That was a human response. A piece of earth in that 'heavenly' movie.

"Yeah, I know. Stay strong Maddy! Trust God Maddy! Whatever His will Maddy! But you know what? I don't agree with His will, Mom! I have a little Boy in there who is dying! I don't want to hear that ok? I don't God cares for any of us."

"Oh Maddy that is so far from the truth. Remember about the mustard seed?"

"I just wish everyone would stop quoting the Bible to me! It's not curing my son!"

No comments: