Sunday, December 11, 2011

A missed date with God and a meal with Lin Xi

The December holidays have been more physically tiring than the school term. Being out and about, catching up with old friends, and making new ones have been strenuous on both my body and pocket.

Lin Xi texted me at about 1.20pm on Sunday and asked if I would like to join him for mass at Holy Cross at 5pm. I was at Smota with daddy then, and was exhausted because I woke up early for officers cell in the morning. We talked about turning the other cheek and loving our enemies. The general vibes I got from the session was that such ideals are lofty theoretically but practically difficult.

I digressed. After agreeing to Lin Xi's invitation, I took a nap and woke up at 6pm to my horror. Apologizing profusely, I picked him up from Clementi and drove us to Almeen Makan House at West Coast. We shared two naans, a palak paneer, and a butter chicken. It was a good time of getting to know him better.




How would one describe Lin Xi? Polite. Soft spoken. Humble. Musically talented. With a rich vocabulary of songs.

The things we talked about varied from stereotypes of students from our faculties, to foreign students, to priests and church, to RCIA, to our common friend Rong Sheng. It was an exceedingly pleasant time. I'm looking forward to the next meal with him.

No comments: