Monday, December 12, 2011

Shopping with Wilson and dinner with Yueru

Wilson and I have been hanging out rather often after the incident with his other half. Pray my opinion of his significant other will turn out to be myopic and incorrect.

In any case, he had a hundred to spend on whatever he wanted, and I wanted to have the 1 for 1 mocha deal at Starbucks. So we winded up at the Starbucks outlet at Liat Towers. I felt pangs when I remembered that the Dutch embassy was but a few levels above us. We checked out Topman, River Island, Zara and the like. A pair of black slim cut jeans fitted me like a glove, and the jacket from Zara made my heart skip a beat. But alas, I've been overspending and had to leave all of them in the stores.


At 7pm, Yueru turned up promptly and I left Wilson to meet her. Sporting a new clean and sleek office girl look, I could hardly recognize her. I missed her when we first met at soup spoon and again when I rejoined her after returning from the loo. Her short hair was trimmed to run down parallel to her collar, and her spectacles set to sit keenly on the bridge of her nose, her arms were slim as ever, and her heels stood proud and high.

She never fails to make me feel privileged. This time, she went on and on about how Zn fetches her to and from work, and how she made an exception by taking public transport to meet me for dinner. We talked about our common friends, or a particular common friend actually, our love lives, dream jobs, and her recent interest in playing the piano.

I've been very lazy with practicing my pieces on the piano. Meeting people like Lin Xi, Yue Ru and Wei Shan encourages me to not give up on a skill my parents paid good money for me to learn. Yiruma's kiss the rain is a must learn for this December holidays.

Her description of Zn's love for her also made me reflect about my own life. I honestly think I'm a pretty selfish dude. One who will need to learn and to stretch myself further in my love for others. God help me.

No comments: