Saturday, November 5, 2011
Have I a Truck, a Boat or a Helicopter?
A wonderful story Father Richards brought up during the last RCIA session on 27 October 2011. Besides the point that God may answer our prayers in ways unexpected, I thought the story's an excellent illustration of what it means to love God too.
The Gospel reading on Sunday, 23 October 2011, was taken from Matthew 22:34-40. When the pharisees asked Jesus which was the greatest commandment in the law, He responded by saying that it was to love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind, and He went on to say that the second was to love your neighbour as yourself. It was interesting to note that Jesus probably highlighted these two commandments to demonstrate that loving God and loving our neighbours are one and the same.
This set me thinking. Have I loved my neighbour? Am I loving my neighbour? I fear I'm guilty of only loving people whom I've taken a liking for. God forgive me and help me so that, by grace, I may love you with all my heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment